Skift is the most influential media & events company in the global business of travel. We are a globally fully distributed company with tentpoles in New York City, London, and Singapore, and excited about travel's great comeback as the world reopens. All of our teams work from anywhere they are based.
SkiftX is Skift’s in-house branded content studio delivering best-in-class multi-platform programs for Skift’s flagship brand, in addition to sister brands EventMB and Airline Weekly. Our brand work drives how the travel industry speaks to its stakeholders, externally and internally.
SkiftX is looking for a full-time Branded Content Editor to join the team, with a heavy emphasis on writing/editorial and live event moderation. As the Editor for our commercial work, you will straddle pre-sale ideation and post-sale production for sponsors across a variety of travel industry sectors. A heavy focus of the work will be collaborating with sponsors to create compelling content programs around subjects such as enterprise technology, software, and digital marketing, among other topics. You will deliver your work in both written and live event formats. This position is remote/WFH, anywhere in the United States, United Kingdom, or Latin America.
Some of What You’ll Do
- VERY IMPORTANT: Post-sale written content production: Write and/or manage freelancers who develop award-winning branded content programs. Formats include: short-form articles, long-form reports, insight decks, spoken presentations, and video scripts. This is the bulk of the job.
- Skift Live partner event moderation and production: Research, script, and moderate partner events via in-person and virtual events. This includes Skift’s sponsored Summit and Forum talks, custom panel discussions, and webinars.
- Manage client communications: handle day to day interactions with sponsors to review written content deliverables and work with other team members to keep deadlines on track and ensure content visibility
- Ensure all content maintains a high level of quality, features a consistent tone and style, and supports and reinforces key messages aimed at Skift and EventMB’s audiences
- Pre-sale ideation: Facilitate Skift’s sales team in the development of strategic program ideas for high-value clients when required
- Collaborate with sales and SkiftX team to maintain and evolve product suite
The Experience You Bring
- Prior knowledge/familiarity with content marketing related to enterprise software, digital marketing, and digital advertising
- Proven experience in a high-output, fast-moving, marketing, ad agency, and/or editorial environment (preferably in B2B digital publishing)
- Excellent communication and writing skills: Experience ideating, editing, writing, and proofing long-form and short-form content in a variety of formats (reports, articles, presentation scripts, videos, Q&A sessions)
- Experience working with clients, managing client relationships and addressing feedback
- Expertise in developing and delivering high-level presentations and creating and refining proposals and sales materials
- Experience managing, freelancers and contributing writers
- Experience creating scripts for short-form (< 5 min) video projects (interstitials, marketing videos, ads)
- Understanding of, and deep interest in, business and consumer trends in online travel, technology, customer experience, digital transformation, media and marketing
- Fluency in English; an ability to speak and write in conversational and professional English in a nuanced way, free of grammar or spelling errors
- Experience with WordPress, Google Analytics, HubSpot, InDesign, Google Drive
The Way You Work
- You’re passionate about bringing original ideas to the table and helping brands communicate their message in authentic, engaging ways
- You’re a master communicator who knows how to sell ideas
- You’re a confident public speaker who enjoys employing your journalistic rigor to moderate partner events
- You’re curious about complex business processes and have the ability to independently educate yourself on topics related to client projects or new assignments
- You’re comfortable taking raw information like data, insights, and executive interviews, and figuring out how to turn them into compelling business stories
- You are a responsible teammate and are always looking for opportunities to grow
- You know how to apply your organization skills by managing the details while keeping an eye on the big picture -- and driving logistics from ideation to execution
How To Apply
PLEASE SEND US A COVER LETTER ALONG WITH YOUR RESUME when you apply through BambooHR, our application system.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Skift celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our goal for our team and our culture is to reflect the diversity of travelers around the globe.