Creative Content Strategist, Travel Media (Anywhere U.S., UK or Latin America)
Skift is the most influential media & events company in the global business of travel. We are a globally fully-distributed company with tentpoles in New York City, London, and Singapore, and excited about travel's great comeback as the world reopens. All of our teams work from anywhere they are based.
SkiftX is Skift’s in-house branded content studio delivering best-in-class multi-platform programs for Skift’s flagship brand, in addition to sister brands EventMB and Airline Weekly. Our brand work drives how the travel industry speaks to its stakeholders, externally and internally.
SkiftX is looking for a full-time Creative Content Strategist who can support the team’s sponsored content work across a wide variety of pre-sale business development, event activations, and digital content marketing campaigns for clients. This will include the active support for the team’s new business and pre-sale concepting with sponsors, as well ideation and logistical support for sponsorship activations at Skift’s live and virtual events. The right individual will be able to balance between pre-sale business strategy and post sale execution of creative marketing projects and event activations as the team’s clients and business needs evolve. This position is remote/WFH, with preference for those located anywhere in the United States, United Kingdom, or Latin America
Some of What You’ll Do
- Pre-sale ideation: Support Skift’s Head of Studio and Skift’s sales team in the development of strategic program ideas (events and digital content) for high-value clients.
- A strong visual and creative eye: an ability to coordinate cross-team with Skift groups including design and marketing to create compelling creative assets (landing pages, event presentation decks, new business proposals) to support various sponsor initiatives.
- Event activation experience: provide start to finish support in the ideation, execution and marketing of event sponsorships at Skift live and virtual events including partner workshops and webinars
- Collaborate with team’s Head of Studio, the SkiftX team and Skift sales to maintain and evolve the team’s offering of sponsored content products
The Experience You Bring
- 4 to 6 years of proven experience in a high-output, fast-moving, environment such as digital marketing company, ad agency, and/or a branded content studio at a media company
- A strong knowledge of marketing and marketing communications: ability to turn client goals and ideas into effective marketing programs
- Experience working with clients, managing client relationships and feedback
- Expertise in developing and delivering high-level presentations and creating and refining proposals and sales materials
- Excellent communication and writing skills: Experience ideating, editing, writing, and proofing short-form content and marketing copy in a variety of formats
- Understanding of, and deep interest in, consumer trends in travel, tech, media, marketing, luxury, and wellness
- Knowledge of digital video production and/or experience managing video creation process (scripting, storyboarding, editing)
- Fluency in English; an ability to speak and write in conversational and professional English in a nuanced way, free of grammar or spelling errors
- Experience with WordPress, Google Analytics, HubSpot, InDesign, Google Drive
The Way You Work
- You’re passionate about bringing original ideas to the table and helping brands communicate their message in authentic, engaging ways
- You’re a master communicator who knows how to sell ideas
- You’re comfortable coming up with the big ideas but also figuring out how to organize cross-team resources to bring them to life
- You’re comfortable collaborating across various teams and disciplines (ex - design, marketing, editorial, video sales, events) to produce cross-discipline projects
- You are a responsible teammate and are always looking for opportunities to grow
- You know how to apply your organization skills by managing the details while keeping an eye on the big picture -- and driving logistics from ideation to execution
How To Apply
PLEASE SEND US A COVER LETTER ALONG WITH YOUR RESUME, when you apply through BambooHR, our application system.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Skift celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our goal for our team and our culture is to reflect the diversity of travelers around the globe.