Skift is the most influential media & events company in the global business of travel. We are a globally fully distributed company with tentpoles in New York City, London, and Singapore, and excited about travel's great comeback as the world reopens. All of our teams work from anywhere they are based.
SkiftX is Skift’s in-house branded content studio delivering best-in-class multi-platform programs for Skift’s flagship brand, in addition to sister brands EventMB and Airline Weekly. Our brand work drives how the travel industry speaks to its stakeholders, externally and internally.
SkiftX is looking for a full-time Branded Content Editor to join the team, with a heavy emphasis on writing/editorial. As the Editor for our commercial work, you will straddle pre-and post-sale ideation and production, focusing on meetings and events-specific branded content programs. You will deliver work in both written and virtual event formats. This position is remote/WFH, anywhere in the United Kingdom.
Some of What You’ll Do
- Pre-sale ideation: Facilitate Skift’s sales team in the development of strategic program ideas for high-value clients when required
- VERY IMPORTANT: Post-sale written content production: Write and/or manage freelancers who develop award-winning branded content programs with a focus on the meetings and events industry. Formats include articles, infographics, event reports, reports, and videos. This is the bulk of the job.
- Skift Live partner event moderation and production: Research, script, and moderate partner events including, but not limited to Summit and Forum talks, custom panel discussions, as well as webinars
- Collaborate with sales and SkiftX team to grow product suite
- Ensure all content maintains a high level of quality, features a consistent tone and style, and supports and reinforces key messages aimed at Skift and EventMB’s audiences
The Experience You Bring
- Proven experience in a high-output, fast-moving marketing and/or editorial environment (preferably in B2B digital publishing)
- Excellent communication and writing skills: Experience ideating, editing, writing, and proofing long-form and short-form content in a variety of formats
- Experience working with clients, managing client relationships and feedback
- Expertise in developing and delivering high-level presentations and creating and refining proposals and sales materials
- Experience managing freelancers and contributing writers
- Understanding of, and deep interest in, consumer trends in travel, tech, media, marketing, luxury, and wellness
- Experience with WordPress, Google Analytics, HubSpot, InDesign, Google Drive
The Way You Work
- You’re passionate about bringing original ideas to the table and helping brands communicate their message in authentic, engaging ways
- You’re a master communicator who knows how to sell ideas
- You’re a confident public speaker who enjoys employing your journalistic rigor to moderate partner events
- You’re comfortable taking raw information like data, insights, executive interviews and figuring out how to turn them into compelling business stories
- You are a responsible teammate and are always looking for opportunities to grow
- You know how to apply your organization skills by managing the details while keeping an eye on the big picture -- and driving logistics from ideation to execution
How To Apply
PLEASE SEND US A COVER LETTER ALONG WITH YOUR RESUME when you apply through BambooHR, our application system.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Skift celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our goal for our team and our culture is to reflect the diversity of travelers around the globe.